Want to list a coffee-related job? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Jobs (see details below):
Saudi Arabia Café & Roastery: Head Roaster
Gruppo Cimbali: Sales Promoter / Coffee Specialist / Ambassador
Perfect Daily Grind: Portuguese Speaking Staff Writer
Perfect Daily Grind: Editor/Sub-editor
Company: Saudi Arabia Café & Roastery (Name TBC)
Job: Head Roaster
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (KSA)
Contact Emai: email@example.com
Want to be an integral part of building a world-leading cafe and roastery concept? We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic coffee expert who desires to grow the consumption of specialty coffees in KSA and champion the importance and culture of coffee-producing countries.
This is a new artisanal specialty coffee Roastery & Cafe, approximately 400 square meters in size. We are planning to open in October/November 2019 and are looking to hire a head roaster to run our roasting operation (roasting for both the cafe and wholesale accounts).
We plan to offer single-origin micro-lots and crafted blends with the aim of promoting each coffee-producing countries’ unique culture and flavour profiles. The head roaster is accountable for the overall management of the roastery and green bean purchasing decisions.
- Maintain strong relations with the green bean suppliers.
- Be aware/willing to learn about the importation process for green beans into KSA.
- Evaluate green coffee and provide purchasing insights/advise.
- Supervise and coordinate staff activities related to preparing and selling roasted coffee.
- Ensure that the standard operating procedures for the department are followed at all times.
- Develop roast profiles for each single-origin coffee and blend.
- Create coffee blends in line with consumer’ tastes.
- Uses available information and insights (e.g. footfall, the popularity of coffee blends) to adjust the provision of roasted coffees in line with demand.
- Ensure that all the staff of his/her department adheres to the company’s guidelines.
- Advertise and promotes the department to increase sales and considering market research. Coordinates same with the company’s manager.
- Propose ideas on how to market coffees and source wholesale accounts.
- Maintain a high level of guest care.
- Demonstrate and explain the operation and purpose of all equipment at the roastery to all staff as necessary.
- Monitor and manage the maintenance, insurance, repairs and cleaning needs of the roastery. Ensure it offers a safe and healthy environment for both guests and staff.
- Support on recruiting, training and supervising staff.
- Complete company HR functions as required.
- Prepare and forecast budgets
- Any other tasks assigned by the company manager
- 3 years’ + experience in a similar field.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and origins of green coffee beans
- Knowledgeable about coffee technologies and equipment / on top of trends and coffee news.
- Must be confident in creating and developing roasting profiles as required
- In-depth knowledge of roasting equipment and the ability to work with the maintenance team as needed to ensure equipment remains in good repair.
- Knowledgeable in digital roasting tools and technology.
- Desire to provide the highest level of service to guests.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled in teamwork and training.
- Be assertive, quick thinking.
- Be customer-focused.
- Able to adapt to flexible work patterns.
- SCA / SCAE and/or Roasters Guild affiliation/training advantageous.
- Able to prepare and implement marketing plans.
- Able to prepare budget and forecast / financial data.
- Able to work 45-50 hours per week
- $2000-2500 (negotiable)
- Potential training from world-leading consultant (WBC judge).
- Additional competitive monthly housing support
- Additional competitive monthly transportation support
How to apply?
Interested? Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company: Gruppo Cimbali
Job: Sales Promoter / Coffee Specialist / Ambassador
Contact Emai: email@example.com
The difference with a basic promoter? You are a coffee machine “geek”. You have a passion for coffee and the world around it! Your strength is to make this passion contagious.
– Develop and follow your customer portfolio;
– Maintain and develop partnerships;
– Be part of the crew;
– Participate in the integration and training of employees;
– Ensure the smooth flow of both upward and downward information flows;
– Take on a role of representation with external actors and convey a qualitative image of the company’s products;
– Participation in customer events;
– You are able, by tasting a coffee, to dial in an espresso machine;
– The market of the coffee machine and the world of the baristas do not have any secret for you;
– We are looking for a real personality who knows how to captivate his audience: coffee is more than a job for you;
– You are recognized for your analytical abilities as well as your technical and taste experience;
-Fluency in English required . Relocation is not included.
Does coffee flow in your veins?
Passion for coffee is a must. You might be a barista and technician who wants to take a step away from the machine but not out of the industry. Professional barista with an understanding of the classic and new school of brewing espresso.
Someone who wants to turn the love of coffee into a career. Challenges include achieving the perfect espresso and understanding the changing dynamics of the market.
Comfortable conversing face to face, on the phone and online.
Team player that is self-motivated. Communication skills passion for the product and attention to details are required for this position.
We require the ability to develop new businesses, prepare sales presentations, as well as commercial proposals which will be subjected to the approval of the Regional Manager.
We expect participation in special projects such as trade shows, major promotions, the launching of new products and marketing initiatives.
We have a real challenge to offer you!
Company: Perfect Daily Grind
Job: Portuguese Speaking Staff Writer
Contact Emai: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write articles according to briefs, including:
- Researching and fact-checking topics
- Arranging and conducting phone and email interviews, creating transcripts
- Sourcing photos
- Making revisions if requested by the editor
- Attend at least one monthly meeting
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- A minimum of basic knowledge of coffee production
- Available to conduct interviews at reasonable times in Brazil Standard Time
- Proficient English abilities and experience of writing for the web
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write to a brief
- A positive attitude when asked to make amendments
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Rate (paid per article) depending on abilities and experience
- Training and support from the PDG editorial team
- Potential for growth within the company
Company: Perfect Daily Grind
Contact Emai: email@example.com
We are looking for an experienced, reliable, and self-motivated Editor who understands digital media and thrives in a remote, full-time position (based anywhere in the world). We are a UK-based publication, with a global, remote team.
- Want to tackle supply chain inequities through digital media
- Want to be part of a global, remote team
- Want the flexibility of working from home instead of commuting
- Are willing to go the extra mile to meet project deadlines
- Work to support the coffee industry and coffee-producing countries
- Believe in constant innovation and improvement
- Care more about your intelligence and values than experience
- Editing: fact-checking and editing multiple articles to ensure that they meet our standards, further our vision, and match our brand. Creating captions for Instagram social media posts.
- Search engine optimisation: implementing SEO best practices across individual articles and the site as a whole
- Calendar: selecting which articles are published in a particular week by paying attention to the balance of content, time since submission, and more; staying up-to-date on trends within the coffee industry in order to direct and schedule content
- Submissions: monitoring submissions levels, contacting writers, providing feedback on article proposals/angles and first submissions, and checking final submissions to ensure they adhere to our guidelines
- Writer Training & Management: working with writers to ensure we have a steady flow of content, creating and allocating briefs for articles as required, providing support to writers
- Data Tracking & Analysis: using data to direct submissions and the editorial calendar
- Admin & Miscellaneous: admin tasks such as emails, working with the social media team on article posts, etc.
How to apply?
Interested? Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with answers to the following questions:
- How would you describe the PDG brand and how do we create this in our articles (both through content and structure)?
- Name one organization you admire and why?
- When editing, one of the most important tasks is finding the right balance between respecting the author’s voice and editing to the Perfect Daily Grind brand/voice. Where do you think the right balance lies? Please support your answer with examples.