Love the refreshing, caffeinated hit of an iced latte, but don’t have an espresso machine? Not to worry, with an AeroPress, you can make one in ten easy steps!
What do you need?
2. 300ml milk – whole is best
3. Caster sugar
4. 17g of freshly roasted, whole bean coffee
6. Tall glass for serving & coffee extraction
7. Cocktail shaker (or another suitable device)
8. A kettle (preferably a gooseneck pouring kettle like a Hario Buono)
10. Burr grinder
What coffee is best?
For this method, I prefer espresso roast profiles with hazelnut or cocoa flavour notes. The fully washed, patio dried San Rafael Uris Estate grown at 1700m in Antigua, Guatemala Yallah coffee was ideal. But coffee is personal, so experiment!
1. Bring the water up to the boil.
2. Grind 17g of your chosen coffee to a medium-fine consistency.
3. Add 300ml of milk (and sugar) to your cocktail shaker (or sealed bottle).
4. Shake and see the foam develop!
Shake it off?
5. Add ice to your serving glass.
6. Add milk to ice in the serving glass.
7. While that cools, invert your AeroPress and preheat it with water from your kettle.
8. Pour out the water, then add 17g of coffee. Add 70g of water, stir once and steep for 30 seconds.
9. Extract the coffee into a separate glass.
10. Add your AeroPress espresso to your ice and milk and crucially -and enjoy!
Article written by S. Franklin
Perfect Daily Grind.